16 April 2004

In Japan (for an hour or so)

Well, after a bit of a flight, I am currently in Japan. I only have a few minutes here in Narita, but basically the flight was uneventful, as most flights should be. Alaska from the air is exceptional, after that it was just across the Bering Sea and down to Tokyo. Coming into Narita, everything is flat -- all probably reclaimed land, will check on that later. Some of the fields were being flooded, others being planted, but most appeared still brown and barren. The houses were clumped in among the trees on the high spots of land for the most part. My arrival in Seoul is set for around 9:35 local time, then its the bus to Kwangju and a week to relax...

Boring as this post is, there are like 16 pages of notes in my journal from the flight, so I can transcribe some of that later. I am most interested, though, in the outcome of the South Korean parliamentary elections. When I left home, the Uri was in the lead. Roh's impeachment plan seems to be working well. Now its just a matter of time to see if the Constitutional Court or the parliament absolves him first...

No comments: